What is Motion Style Acupuncture Treatment (MSAT)?
- MSAT is a treatment that involves active or passive movement of the patient while acupuncture needles are inserted, and is an effective treatment for musculoskeletal patients.
- MSAT integrates neurophysiological aspects with the traditional acupuncture theory and is generally combined with Chuna treatment.
- MSAT is not only used for the lower back, but also used for a wide variety of musculoskeletal diseases and has been shown to be a valid option for stroke patients with paralysis symptoms.
MSAT Applications and Which Symptoms Qualify
- ① Acute nonspecific low back pain patients with disability due to severe back and leg pain.
- ② MSAT is especially effective for patients with highly restricted lumbar range of motion from severe low back pain and patients whose pain is severely aggravated by movement.
- ③ Patients usually report low back pain and/or leg pain from acute lumbar sprains or acute HIVD.
- ④ Leg pain may range from a numb, tingling, or dull sensation to extreme pain at the hip, thigh, calf, or foot area.
Effects of motion style acupuncture treatment in acute low back pain patients with severe disability: A multicenter, randomized, controlled, comparative effectiveness trial
Short term effects of motion style acupuncture treatment (MSAT) in acute low back pain patients with severe disability: A multicenter, randomized, controlled trial
Motion style acupuncture treatment (MSAT) for acute low back pain with severe disability: a multicenter, randomized, controlled trial protocol
Acute and Long Term Benefits of Motion Style Treatment (MST): Two Case Reports
The Clinical Report on 3 Temporomandibular Disorder Patient Cases Treated with Motion Style Treatment